We strongly encourage skaters to not bring any type of bag, but they can wear a small drawstring “shoe bag” onto the ice for shoes. If you’re bringing more than shoes, purchase a bag check ahead of your visit to the park! All Winter Village visitors are welcome to use bag check for their convenience.
All bags, or anything that doesn't fit in a skater's shoe bag, must be checked. Strollers, luggage, large personal items, etc, must be checked. Please select a day that corresponds with your skate time or visit to the park, then choose one of the below:
- Small Bag Check: good for one pair of shoes OR one coat
- Medium Bag Check: good for 2-4 people
- Large Bag Check: good for one oversized item like a bike, stroller, luggage etc.
- Bag Check is located outside skating areas on the south side of the park near the carousel.
- Shoe bags: for skaters to carry their shoes on their back. See below for more information.
- If you need to check personal items, you must visit Bag Check first before entering the skating area.
- No lockers, and no box office: all purchases must be made in advance or on your mobile device.
- Winter Village is a fully outdoor experience.
- All skate rentals come with a drawstring bag that holds your shoes and is worn on your back. Nothing may hang out of the bag.
- If you are bringing your own skates, you can buy our shoe bag OR bring your own small bag, but it cannot be larger than ours (16" x 18") and it must have a drawstring or similarly secure closure.*
- Shoe bags are for sale at the Bryant Park Shop + Info kisok, and at The Rink.
*Rink staff reserves the right to approve or reject the size of a skater's shoe bag
- All shoes must be in drawstring shoe bags (or similar*) that must be worn on your back while skating.
- No personal items can be left on benches or on the ground.
- Personal items including coats, shoes, bags, etc. cannot be left with a non-skating chaperone in any skating area.
- Unattended items will be taken to Bag Check, and a fee will be charged upon retrieval.
**Please be mindful that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there are no exceptions to these and all rules posted on our websites and onsite at the park